- 500 gram flour
- 10 grams baking powder (one bag)
- 250 g. sugar
- 300 g. butter (Margarine for Parve)
- 2 eggs
- 250 g apple sauce
- 6 apples
- 200 g raisins
- 100 g sugar
- 5 tsp cinamon
175 degrees (Celcius) 1:15 hours (yes, that is long as in 75 minutes)
1. Mix the dough until it becomes a smooth ball. You know, make the butter soft, mix the sugar, baking powder and flour first, add the eggs and butter.
2. Use 3/4 of the dough for the base and sides, and 1/4 for the top.
3. Put the 3/4 dough in the dish, cover bottom and sides with a small layer (it will rise).
4. Peel the apples, cut into small pieces. Mix the sugar, raisins and cinamon and apple sauce in.
4. Put the filling into the dish .
5. Use the remaining 1/4 of the dough to make lines at the top. Don’t close completely, the apply will cook and needs to steam off.
6. Put in over on 170-175 for about 75 minutes or until it gets darkish brown.
Store in dry cool place, like the over after it cooled down. Or in the fridge if it will last more than a day.